Thanks Qassim for the tip!
Salomon Kalou’s nekkid body has been plastered all over our computer screens once we discovered his nude spread in the June issue of Cosmospolitan UK (to support the Everyman charity). In the feature – which includes a wealth of scantily-clad guys that you should check out – Kalou weighed in on the never-ending sex v. footy debate:
“I’m a good boy – no sex the day before a match. If I had to choose which was better, football or sex, I’d say football. It’s 90 minutes of pure pleasure and I can’t always say that about sex. But it depends on the fixture and the score!”
The Chelsea man brings a whole new meaning to ‘boot porn’, doesn’t he? And props to his female companion in this pic, who clearly has more self-control than the entire Kickette Army combined.
Reality called us this weekend, but we sent him straight to voice mail. We definitely had better things to do, like collect the three convertible bra straps that we hung on our neighborhood pub’s walls, which was our drunk membranes’ unsuccessful attempt at telling the ‘last call’ minder to go kick rocks. On top of that, we had mounds of gossip to
ignore get through.
Best to pace yourselves, Kickettes, as you read through this weekend’s top news. Then, promise us that you’ll never recklessly pull a “Coyote Ugly” moment of your own?
- Victoria Beckham, along with her three sons and hairstylist/friend Ken Paves, took to the Home Depot Center to watch hubby/daddy David in action for the LA Galaxy. Would ya look at that bump?! It sure looks robustly round when seen from the side, but straight-on shots of this Mum-to-be seem to tell a different story.
- Speaking of blossoming bundles of joy, we heard Caroline Celico’s Mum organised an intimate shower for her daughter in Sao Paolo. As we’ve been relentlessly reminding you of for some time now (more so because we fear we’ll forget) Mr. & Mrs. Kaká have about a month left to prepare for the birth of their second child.
Samuel Eto’o, his wife Georgette and their daughters Maelle and Siena arrive at their charity gala in Milan, Thursday 17th March. Work that sequined lapel, Sam. Images: Getty/Daylife.
What’s that you say? Photos of ‘ballers in suits and tuxedos are the only thing that will get you through until the glorious stroke of 5 PM rolls on and the first alcoholic beverage of the weekend is permitted to satiate your exhausted palates? You’re in luck!
Last night, Inter Milan striker Samuel Eto’o hosted a charity gala to raise funds for his Fundación Privada, which benefits the Pediatric Hospital Laqunitinie in Cameroon. As is usually the case, several of Sam’s team-mates and their lovely WAGs injected a little footy star power into the evening – including Cristian and Adelina Chivu, Julio Cesar and Susana Werner (who has us wondering if the dress was by choice or for concealment purposes), a much-improved Giampaolo Pazzini and Silvia Slitti, and a Yolathe-less Wes Sneijder.
Bonus: Charity champion Didier Drogba also jetted in to support his friend’s cause. We’d like to think that Didi is holding his iPhone so prominently because he also provided some slick beats once the dinner plates had been cleared. Girls can dream.
This man’s Korean sweets need no introduction. Image: bi.gazeta.pl.
- Blue was apparently the color scheme behind the baby shower Peter Crouch threw for Abbey Clancy (she’s due middle of this month), while it’s rumoured that Eva Longoria (Posh’s party sponsor) is organising a pretty in pink affair. We also recently learned that our baby pool of supreme swimmers is growing – Belgium ‘baller Olivier Deschacht and Miss Belguim ’07, Annelien Coorevits, are supposedly having their first this month as well.
- Surely it can’t be true that FIFA’s personal gripe with snoods has resulted in an accessory ban – can it?!
- Stephen Ireland didn’t mince his words when speaking with French magazine So Foot about the prospects of living in Birmingham (‘a crap city’) versus Cork (‘I’d rather shoot myself’).