- Soon to be exes, Pato and Sthefany, narrowly escaped a mucho awkward run-in with one another in Brazil this weekend. Sthef was there for modeling work while Pato was chillin’ for pleasure.
- Seeing Victoria Beckham’s extensions from all sides did not help her head’s cause.
- Does the cover of the New York Post mean “soccer” has finally arrived? If telly ratings are anything to go by, then yes.
- First, Alex Gerrard pops up in so much celeb-mimic styleys, then Posh and her thigh-highs with dresses look. Now Cheryl’s repeating shoes. Are the WAGs running out of things to wear? (Ed. Note: FYI, we won’t consider Cheryl as an ex-WAG until the divorce is final)
- Leo Messi turned 23 on last Thursday but had to wait until after Argentina’s win over Mexico before celebrating with his family and girlfriend, Antonella Roccuzzo. Miss R, who is a 22-year-old nutrition student by day, has been seen browsing South African flea markets while staying with Messi’s family in Pretoria.
Image via Reuters, AP Photo.
Oh, Kickettes, free nail varnish for a year wouldn’t remotely help us overcome the agony of defeat shared by both sides of the pond.
A World Cup without England is like a bowl of ice cream without a spoon – we just can’t bear to be near it without taking part in the action. Simply gutted. We don’t even have the heart to blame whatsherface.
And as we said yesterday, seeing a broken hearted Benny tugged at our heart strings which are normally be reserved for WAG weddings and baby ‘baller births.
Kudos to Ghana and Germany for their hard-fought wins and advancement in the tournament!
As you can see by the above video (from the game against Slovenia), England’s NT manager Fabio Capello is maintaining the calm, cool and collected demeanour we’ve all come to expect from him.
Meep. But also kind of fantastic, no? Goodness, this man is amped.
Don’t worry about Landon’s game face, he’s working on it.
If you are reading this post without the aid of an IV or hired help, we are impressed. First a gripping England v Slovenia game, and at the same time (so cruel, schedulers) watching a last-minute goal by Landon Donovan against Algeria to take the USA through to the next round of 16?
Kickette HQ is concerned there won’t be enough Jaffa Cakes to manage the stress eating.
Deep breaths, and deep glasses of champagne to all our England and American readers! What did you think of the way the games played out?