Images via Getty Images Europe.
After Italy’s game against New Zealand, captain Fabio Cannavaro stepped to the beat of our hearts. Yea, we just referenced Justin Bieber, but it’s the Usher remix so it’s all good.
If Canna’s stair steppin’ game was set to a soundtrack, what would it be?
A) “Walk This Way” – Aerosmith
B) “These Boots Are Made For Walking” – Nancy Sinatra
C) “Don’t Walk Away Boy” – Jade
D) “Walk Like A Man” – The Four Seasons
E) “Baby Got Back” – Sir Mix-a-lot
Difficult, eh? Not for us. We pick E. Forever and ever, we’ll go with E.
For you, Fabio, anything. Anything you want. Hang on, that doesn’t say ‘shopping’, does it?! No? Ok, where were we? Images: Getty Images via Daylife
In the past we’ve made no secret of our feelings towards the Italians. They’re just so darn obliging. Removing kits after games, posing in their pants for shilling purposes, they fulfill every Kickette criteria we can think of, plus a few we aren’t allowed to post.
The Italian squad’s naked power is such, they even compel clothing belonging to complete strangers to magically remove itself when in their proximity. We’ve even managed to overlook the headgear howlers that seem to have caught on in the training camp.
So you can imagine how difficult it was to narrow this lot down. But in honour of the WC we’ve made an effort. *sigh*. Let us know what you think. But before you do, take pity. This one was hard.
Images via Getty Images/Getty Images Europe.
Looky here, ladies, most of the world’s hotness has finally descended on South Africa.
On offer for today, may we suggest Mexico’s Carlos Vela doing his spikey and scruffy thang? Sidenote: we almost did a double take…does he not look like a budding Miguel Torres?
Meanwhile Gianluca Zambrotta and Fabio Quagliarella of Italy touched down via private plane – Dolce & Gabbana sunglasses, suits and all.
- We spent some time comparing and contrasting PUMA’s “Journey of Football” with Nike’s “Write The Future” viral. Which do you prefer? Spotted on Unprofessional Foul.
- Just so we’re clear, his name is Luka Modric and he can’t pose for sh*te.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s agent ain’t having afternoon tea with Pep Guardiola anytime soon. He said the Barcelona head coach should “go to a mental hospital” if he considers selling Ibra after only one season of club service.
- Samuel Eto’o has hinted at the possibility of quitting his NT after fellow countryman and revered striker, Milla, criticized his efforts/lack of trophies for Cameroon. Eto’o is also now playing the “we’ll see” guessing game over his club of choice next season.
- Frank Lampard admitted he would consider a move to the MLS once he’s past his EPL prime.