Raul’s wife, Mamen Sanz, and the five children she birthed – yes, FIVE – appear in the July issue of ELLE Espana: twins Hector and Mateo, 4 years old, Hugo, who is 7, and Jorge, 10. Mamen holds the family’s newest addition and only girl, Maria, 5 months old.
Talk about making a grand entrance in the world. We think Maria’s appearance in the fashion and beauty bible is only fitting for the daughter of a superstar ‘baller such as Raul. In fact, her “coming out” party even tops Kai Rooney’s shopping trip with Chanel debut.
If you need yet another reason to adore this woman and her family, how about this: Mamen recently received graduated from Madrid’s Universidad Camilo Jose Cela with a degree in early childhood education. Like any proper football wife knows, Chanel goes with everything – even graduation gowns.
If Raul and Mamen are ever looking to expand their brood, we know a few Kickette staffers who would readily hand in their adoption papers.
- We spent some time comparing and contrasting PUMA’s “Journey of Football” with Nike’s “Write The Future” viral. Which do you prefer? Spotted on Unprofessional Foul.
- Just so we’re clear, his name is Luka Modric and he can’t pose for sh*te.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s agent ain’t having afternoon tea with Pep Guardiola anytime soon. He said the Barcelona head coach should “go to a mental hospital” if he considers selling Ibra after only one season of club service.
- Samuel Eto’o has hinted at the possibility of quitting his NT after fellow countryman and revered striker, Milla, criticized his efforts/lack of trophies for Cameroon. Eto’o is also now playing the “we’ll see” guessing game over his club of choice next season.
- Frank Lampard admitted he would consider a move to the MLS once he’s past his EPL prime.
Goodness, we sure hope Barcelona FC treat the lovely David Villa’s soul patch and award-nominated bitchface with the tender care deserved. Both are the best in the biz.
We’re curious to know how our (very) (and we mean, really very) opinionated La Liga readers feel about Valencia’s future without Dah-veed, and how deep you think Barca’s pockets will be this transfer season.
Okay, we’re also curious to know which Barca player you think David will have a bromance with. We’ve got our fingers crossed for Bojan.
This is a monumental day, Kickettes.
No, not because it’s Iker Casillas’s 29th birthday, but because we actually remembered it.
Yes, we’re making his birthday post all about us. What choice do we have? Otherwise, we have to make it about Pastasauce and her Cosmo cover from hell. We don’t want to do that.
Happy b-day, Iker! Hope you have a wonderful, carb-free day with all the three-fingered gloves your little heart desires. Kisses!