Ahem. Sorry. Images: Reuters, Getty Images & AP Photo via Daylife & Zimbio
While we were busily obsessing about what Sylvie Van Der Vaart was going to bring to the Premier League, we completely neglected to outline what her hubby has to offer. In light of recent events (above), we realise the error of our ways.
It’s a travesty. And we are truly sorry.
Suitably chastened and by way of apology, we would like to offer us our regular (and always thrilling) whistle stop tour of the other important results in this weekend’s games. We only hope you can find it in your hearts to forgive us.
Hands up who ordered two sweaty Spanish boys? Images: Reuters, Getty Images via Daylife
It’s Euro 2012 qualifiers, Kickettes! Admittedly we were taken a touch by surprise; the office diary ‘system’ having only just caught up the start of the new domestic season, but we’ve had our morning caffeine hit (or ten) and are feeling just about excitable enough to run through the results before we crash. Gah!
OK, another five guys & we’ll so have him covered! Guys? L’il help? Image via Reuters.
Congrats to Tottenham for making it through to the group stages of the Champions League!
Leeds ‘keeper Kasper Schmeichel illustrates why would should all be carefully watching the English Championship this season. Images: Getty Images via Daylife
So while we’re sure you’ve found our stories about haircuts, pre-season training and Twitter feeds both innovative and fascinating, we know you’ll be relieved to hear there’s finally some footie to report on. It’s been a while. Let’s hope we haven’t lost our groove.
With the last lingering players returning from their well-deserved summer breaks, this Monday’s gossip cheat sheet is heavier on the match results than normal. Never fear, though, we come bearing light blue bulge to make amends.
- Two former Real Madrid comrades, Christoph Metzelder and Raul, celebrated their new team’s (Schalke) win over Hamburg SV and another old teammate, Ruud van Nistelrooy, in Gelsenkirchen, Germany. [AP Photo/Martin Meissner].
- Fernando Torres + daughter Nora + broke down Range Rover = sadface. [Images: Facebook.com].
- Ligue 1 side, Marseille, captured the first (thankless) trophy of the 2010 – 2011 season.
- Inter Milan trained with their base layers on before traveling from NYC to Philly in style-lacking fashion. The same could not be said about Barcelona’s pre-season training accommodations.
- Manchester United’s Anderson survived a fireball car crash. WTF? Glad he’s okay.