Everyone’s favourite Argentine Gonzo Higuain turned twenty-three. Let’s all raise our glasses (off his shelf booty) and toast the Real Madrid striker.
- A big congrats goes out to retired MLS player, Kyle Martino, who got engaged to girlfriend Eva Amurri over the weekend. Amurri, an actress in her own right, has a family bloodline fit for Hollywood Royalty: she’s the daughter of Susan Sarandon and Franco Amurri, granddaughter of writer Antonio Amurri, and the niece of writer Valentina Amurri. While the MLS might be a baby lamb compared to the European football lions, Martino understands how to get the top notch WAG thing done. [Credit to The Offside Rules for the story spot!]
- Three players were named finalists for the African Footballer of the Year 2010 Award: Didier Drogba (Côte d’Ivoire/Chelsea), Samuel Eto’o (Cameroon/Inter Milan) and Asamoah Gyan (Ghana/Sunderland). The winner will be announced on 20 December 2010.
We’re warming up to the Landon Donovan situation, Kickettes.
Sure, we love the L.A. Galaxy/USMNT star’s fun and sarcastic tweets, banter about his hairline with both fans and chit chat with his woman. (FYI, we kind of love her because of her best lyric tweet eva.)
But really, we’re all over Mr. D’s latest photoshoot. Homeslice is w-o-r-k-i-n-g it out on the cover of the January 2011 Outside magazine.
Mondays are always jilting, Kickettes, but please allow Mike Chabala (Houston Dynamo)’s biceps to ease the holiday hangover pains. Image: Adam Bouska photography via Twitter.
- One of Houston’s resident MLS hunks, Mike Chabala, took part in the NoH8 anti-discrimination campaign. Applause all around.
- Fat Ronaldo’s baby momma fling thing, (not Cristiano’s former girlfriend as TDF reported), was selected as Ultimo’s new lingerie lady.
- Our girly bits got twisted after seeing Iker bitchface in this promo video for the upcoming La Roja special, which will air on 3 Sesenta, the 3rd of December.
- Coleen Rooney seemed to be a slightly sulky as she strolled through the streets of Cheshire post-spa trip, but was back to her usual, chipper self once spotted outside Old Trafford the next day. We still haven’t forgiven her eyebrows for their uncalled-for outburst.
Landon? While we seriously appreciate a sneaky glimpse at your epic hip dips during a stroll near the beach in Sydney, there’s a price for our pleasure: their proximity to your hideous shorts. We only deal in freebies, if you don’t mind. Image: PacificCoastNews.com via Zimbio.
UPDATE: Landon’s response to this is all kinds of brill. He’s also got a new commercial out for The Wild Soccer Bunch. But, sadly, he keeps his shirt on.
Image via Cosmopolitan magazine.
What was supposed to be a quick drive by the Cosmo Bachelor Blowout party a few weeks back in NYC in order to grill D.C. United’s Chris Pontius on his manscaping skills eventually became a 5-hour-adult-beverages-on-someone-else’s-tab ordeal that left Pontius’ right bum cheek sore and rendered one of our staffers emphatically useless.
However, we’re pleased to report, that Pontius is truly a man after our own social agendas. Minus our intense lack of focus on his actual words, we (somehow) managed to pick the brain of D.C.’s seemingly most eligible bachelor on proper pick-up etiquette, among other things. Homie’s got opinions, y’all. Chris also shared his reservations about shirt removal (hint: he’s a self-proclaimed mama’s boy), much to our dismay.
For the ladies in the MLS-’baller wrangling market, read out for a few tips that might literally knock you off your feet (apparently, he’s been known to do that from time to time).