- Soon to be exes, Pato and Sthefany, narrowly escaped a mucho awkward run-in with one another in Brazil this weekend. Sthef was there for modeling work while Pato was chillin’ for pleasure.
- Seeing Victoria Beckham’s extensions from all sides did not help her head’s cause.
- Does the cover of the New York Post mean “soccer” has finally arrived? If telly ratings are anything to go by, then yes.
- First, Alex Gerrard pops up in so much celeb-mimic styleys, then Posh and her thigh-highs with dresses look. Now Cheryl’s repeating shoes. Are the WAGs running out of things to wear? (Ed. Note: FYI, we won’t consider Cheryl as an ex-WAG until the divorce is final)
- Leo Messi turned 23 on last Thursday but had to wait until after Argentina’s win over Mexico before celebrating with his family and girlfriend, Antonella Roccuzzo. Miss R, who is a 22-year-old nutrition student by day, has been seen browsing South African flea markets while staying with Messi’s family in Pretoria.
Above image: HOANG DINH NAM/AFP/Getty Images via Daylife.
Having already featured in our famous ‘Yes, No, Maybe So’ NT Contest and been dissed on account of an unpleasant facial hair outbreak, we feel obliged to offer the kissy love to Portugal’s Raul Meireles. Why? We feel he is a Kickette kind of man. Not afraid of a bad haircut. Likes cats and manlove. Not averse to removing clothing when the situ demands.
Kickette ladies say… Ting!
If you’re time-rushed, you’ll be looking to skip to about 1.40 of the video, which is billed as a view at the Portugal NT pre-game prep, but it’s actually just Cristiano-cam. As it should be, really.
In between the first week of World Cup action, a few of the national squads took a football timeout to do good deeds (or, in Paolo Ferreira’s case, look cute while fending off jacket-eating wildlife.)
Hugo Lloris was just one of the seemingly less-than-enthused France NT players who visited the Dam Se Bos township last Sunday. Despite being chosen by the city of Knysna to help local residents inaugurate their new football pitch – a thank you for hosting the French and Danish national teams during the tournament - Andre-Pierre Gignac and a few other compatriots wore their longest faces during the day trip.
Image credit: AP Photo/Hussein Malla; AFP/Getty Images; Matt Slocum for AP Photos.
Bad hair. Each of the 32 teams competing in the World Cup has got at least one coif to be embarrassed of. We bring you the best of the worst hair styles.