Cesc. Gulp. (AP Photos/Daylife)
“They’re all in unbelievable shape. You won’t come across a top-50 Spaniard who isn’t afraid to take his shirt off in practice and looks good doing it.”
Whilst talking about Spanish tennis players, US star Mardy Fish neatly outlines our entire remit.
Post World Cup non-glory, some of our favourite English lads have headed off to spend time with their significant others. What else do we have now but to judge their apparel?
In London, Frank Lampard left his Chelsea flat (with g/f Christine Bleakley);
In Southport, Captain Steven Gerrard had lunch at Bistro Verite with his two daughters and wife Alex (she wore clogs. Soz. Had to mention); and
In France, David Beckham headed to Bargemon to be with Victoria and their three boys.
Which of the back-to-reality boys gets your vote for the best style-whilst-sad look? We think they all look rather good, but it’s hard to out-do Becks when it comes to casual cute.
Marco Borriello and Andrea Pirlo arrive for Italian National team training; they’re plaid and they’re fabulous.
- Australian gossip rag Famous alleges that a UK newspaper is investigating stories from three WAGabees who are claiming to have hooked up with David Beckham. Meep!
- Fernando Torres brought baby Nora to Paza del Monasterio de Aciveiro for her christening. Wife Olalla brought some bad-arse Louboutins and an excellent bitchface.
- Cheryl Cole rolled up in Cannes for the Outside of the Law premiere and looked fantabulous in her white Versace bandage dress. Rumours (aka completely fabricated for reasons we don’t care enough to figure out) continue to swirl about Chezza and Will.i.am being an item.
- Christine Bleakley went to the British Academy Television Craft Awards. Nope, we’ve no idea either. What do you think of her “high fash” dress?
- Like we didn’t already know Sammy Eto’o is ballin’, big boy style. He’s just bought a 10,000+sq ft, €17 million house in Milan’s absolutely-most-exclusive-designer-shopping-on-your-doorstep neighbourhood.