We’ve played the MTC before, Kickettes. And we’re never nice about making you choose.
So, this time, start by taking a look at the above video, featuring Carlos Bocanegra, Benny Feilhaber and Stuart Holden at the ESPYs pre-party. They’re talking about World Cup stuff, but really, it’s not the point of the exercise. Just watch so you can get a flavour for the different types of treats on offer.
Now you must choose. But you only get to have two of the three. Which ones you be wrapping up and taking home from the shop today, dear readers? No refunds, no returns, and you can’t put the remainder on layaway either.
[Via The Original Winger]
Image via Kevin Winter/Getty Images North America
When we first heard about the ESPY Awards, we lost hours of our lives thinking about how we could blag our way in and receive thousands of award-winning spa treatments. Then, (once sober), we realised we were confusing the American sports awards put on by ESPN with ESPA the beauty brand we want to marry. We know the difference now, and can say with authority that these two things are both fabulous, but completely unrelated.
Now on with the story. The ESPY Awards descended on Los Angeles last night and the USMNT was quite well-represented.
Landon Donovan was the winner of three ESPY awards: Best MLS Player, Best Performance Under Pressure, and Best Moment for his stoppage time goal against Algeria during the World Cup. In true team spirit fashion, all of the USMNT members in attendance took to the stage to accept the award for Best Moment. Here’s our top three observations from the show:
Just a day after his team was dismissed by Ghana from the World Cup, American Grant Wahl of Sports Illustrated has reported that a British tabloid had plans to feature a rather juicy story. Apparently a woman is claiming to be pregnant with Donovan’s child. Landy has exclusively addressed said “imminent” story by saying he would assume responsibility if the child were his, but did not divulge any other details.
Let’s rewind a few hours previous, when Donovan was blowing kisses to his wife, Bianca Kajlich.
(So what if they have been legally separated for a year now? Why would LD’s lovechild be that saucy of a story?) (And how could that be bigger news that his use of propecia?)
Perhaps, it’s a big story because, Kajlich and Donovan were working on saving their marriage. How, then, did the former L.A. Galaxy captain get to this point?
- Soon to be exes, Pato and Sthefany, narrowly escaped a mucho awkward run-in with one another in Brazil this weekend. Sthef was there for modeling work while Pato was chillin’ for pleasure.
- Seeing Victoria Beckham’s extensions from all sides did not help her head’s cause.
- Does the cover of the New York Post mean “soccer” has finally arrived? If telly ratings are anything to go by, then yes.
- First, Alex Gerrard pops up in so much celeb-mimic styleys, then Posh and her thigh-highs with dresses look. Now Cheryl’s repeating shoes. Are the WAGs running out of things to wear? (Ed. Note: FYI, we won’t consider Cheryl as an ex-WAG until the divorce is final)
- Leo Messi turned 23 on last Thursday but had to wait until after Argentina’s win over Mexico before celebrating with his family and girlfriend, Antonella Roccuzzo. Miss R, who is a 22-year-old nutrition student by day, has been seen browsing South African flea markets while staying with Messi’s family in Pretoria.
Image via Reuters, AP Photo.
Oh, Kickettes, free nail varnish for a year wouldn’t remotely help us overcome the agony of defeat shared by both sides of the pond.
A World Cup without England is like a bowl of ice cream without a spoon – we just can’t bear to be near it without taking part in the action. Simply gutted. We don’t even have the heart to blame whatsherface.
And as we said yesterday, seeing a broken hearted Benny tugged at our heart strings which are normally be reserved for WAG weddings and baby ‘baller births.
Kudos to Ghana and Germany for their hard-fought wins and advancement in the tournament!