June 8th, 2012
Euro 2012 In Pictures: Russia vs Czech Republic
First day down, many more to go (yippee!). Missed Russia’s 4 -1 defeat over Czech Republic? See the match’s highs and lows here before skimming our random observations from the second half of today’s Group A double header:
- As was expected, Milan Baros continued his reign as the sexiest Czech Republic ‘baller who needs more Kickette homepage face time (Theodor Gebre Selassie is nipping at his heels, though).
- Not so sexy: the scene atop Jaroslav Plasil’s head. Was it responsible for his error that allowed Russia to make it 2-0? Well, obviously.
- We may have squealed like candy-high fan girls each and every time we saw Czech Republic’s Jan Rezek. May have. Here’s why.
- Speaking of Mr Rezek, he turned 30-years-old on 5 May. Happy belated!
- Andrey Arshavin and Roman Pavlyuchenko both put in commendable efforts for Russia, no?
Don’t forget to keep us company during tomorrow’s Euro 2012 games, Kickettes. Yes, tomorrow. As in Saturday. Your powers of persuasion have worked. For now.