February 4th, 2011
Good Week/Bad Week: Paparazzi and Petrol Pumps
Amauri’s hair is always having a bad week. Image: Claudio Villa/Getty Images Europe.
We hope you enjoy perusing our sum up of this week’s best and worst news – yet another formerly regular feature that’s been dubiously neglected by our fickle HQ.
- Usher: Along with being hired as a private dance teacher for one of David Beckham’s boys, the R&B sensation boosted his footy credentials this week by hosting a “who’s who” crowd of Manchester-based ‘ballers at the MEN arena.
- Photography Students: For those learning how to master a lens, what are you waiting for?! Put that device to good use and catch the elusive Gerard Pique & Shakira in action to secure your next 300,000 euro payday (Pssssst: they may be hiding here). BTW, to tend to the needs of the 500+ reader e-mails we received (back week for our inboxes), we’re sending happy birthday scratchy beard wishes to Pique – who turned 24 on Wednesday. Ironically, that’s Skakira’s birth date, too (she turned 34).
- Pub Parties: Access to ALL the EPL matches on the telly ALL the time (or ’till last call)? Where do we sign up?
- Petrol Stations: It’s best to steer clear of Cristiano Ronaldo while he pumps his petrol. After a journo approached the Real Madrid man at a pump station to ask about his sister’s foul word play, CR7 answered her question with another question: ‘are you dumb?’
Our intuitions say the reporter probably isn’t, but Leroy Lita may just be. He accidentally put the wrong type of fuel in his Range Rover’s tank. Fortunately for Richard Dunne, he doesn’t have these kinds of problems since was banned from driving and all.
- Product Shilling Pride: How far will one go for a paycheque? Bastian Schweinsteiger’s WAG, Sarah Brandner, was reduced to a chocolate bikini; Olympique Marseilles footballer Jean Philippe Sabo lost his dignity for Lisa Lingerie’s latest campaign; and finally, Jaydy Mitchel (Rafa Marquez’s new wife) didn’t mind working her magic for bed mattresses.
- Ledley King: homeboy forgot to bring his passport to the airport and couldn’t head to Germany for surgery as previously planned. Sadface with a side of frustration.