February 18th, 2011
Good Week/Bad Week: Snappy Comebacks & Sciatica
We got big thangs poppin’ for this weekend (i.e. clothing sale insurgency) Kickettes, but before we bid adieu, let’s run through this week’s karmic winners and losers.
- Gucci: There are worse clothes horses. Cristiano Ronaldo was seen strolling around the streets of New York this week sporting what could amount to an entire collection. By himself. And they don’t even pay him to be a walking advertisement. Cha-ching!
- Martin Kelly: The only English player on a list of sixty chosen by the cream of European journalists for January’s best of the month. A bonus biscuit for those who can name the club he plays for.
- Fallacy Fighters: Javier “Chicharito” Hernández responded to BBC Top Gear presenters’ ‘gag’ about Mexican people in a mature, grown up manner, that belies his choochy face; Frank Lampard set the record straight about Christine Bleakley’s work ethic, and denied that his girlfriend ever ‘had it easy’ growing up.
- Manbags: A study by the British Chiropractic Association revealed how men are putting themselves at risk for chronic back pain by carrying these bags.
- Danny Szetela & His Snood: The high profile neck warmer has enjoyed a surge in popularity of late. But no one is truly infamous until they have their own mugshot. (Psst: and here’s an oldie, but goodie photo of Danny Szetela in his pants.)
- Transfer paper typos: We admit, we’ve fallen victim to languid spelling and story telling from time to time but even we haven’t made a mistake this expensive.