CURRENT OPENINGS -
We’re looking for those who have a passion for the good stuff, with strong research/writing skills to support.
- Have an uncanny ability to spot a last season Matthew Williamson skirt before we’ve even seen Chazza coming
- Are constantly flipping through the daily news, weekly tabloids and checking out online gossip sites and blogs
- Follow style bibles such as Vogue and WWD on Twitter
- Know. Your. Labels. And, obviously, know the WAGs that wear ‘em.
- Aren’t convinced that the Beckhams’ Armani underwear ads fully compensate for the couple’s late-90s fashion fails (matching leather ensembles ring a bell?)
What We Require:
- An understanding of the web, blogging and publishing programs such as WordPress
- Decent working knowledge of photo-editing programs (Photoshop or Adobe InDesign, etc.) and an ability to edit and otherwise work with images.
- A genuine love of fashion and all things retail.
- Have links to previous work, writing/fashion samples or references.
This internship has the potential to expand into a bigger, more formal role, depending on the candidate.
Time commitments will be roughly an hour a day, five days/week for a few months (length of internship to be mutually determined at a later date). You must be reliable and committed to schedule which will be set prior to start date.
Do you know more about football than the average pundit? Are you able to blag your way onto any guest list and any players lounge with ease? Are you online so much you’ve had to modify your manicures to be more keyboard friendly? Looking to get some writing / photo editing experience under your gold-studded belt?
We should talk.
- Are an avid footy fan and are up in mix of all the major leagues.
- Faithfully pour over all daily sports publications in the UK, Spain and Italy. You usually consume your news via RSS feeds. (Or wire taps/hidden camera footage.)
- Can explain the reasons behind 90 percent of Sergio Ramos’ tally of red cards
- Know who is employing Sven Goran Eriksson at the beginning, middle and end of every season
- Are a deft hand at rolling through photo agency archives, online message boards and secret society pages to source the best Kickette-worthy pics on the net.
What We Require:
- Strong understanding of the web, blogging and publishing programs such as WordPress
- Preferably you’ll be located in the UK or Europe
- Bi-lingual (Spanish, French, et al) would be a major plus
- Working knowledge of a photo-editing program (like Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, etc.)
- Can provide links to previous work or sports/writing samples. Alternatively, you can send us a mock Kickette-style post to show us your style.
- Are online savvy – and know your way around message boards, forums and chats.
Time commitments will be roughly an hour a day, five days/week for a few months (length of internship to be mutually determined at a later date). Intern must be reliable and committed to schedule which will be set prior to start date.
Upon internship completion, deserving gals and guys will walk away with a stellar reco from the Kickette team and (possibly) some free cookies. We write kick-arse reference letters guaranteed to impress your friends, bank manager and any future employer.
Please note: these positions are internships – non-paying, and do not guarantee any further roles or responsibilities with Kickette site. That said, please know this: we’ve been there. We know the joys of lowly interndom, ie: being screamed at from inside the fashion cupboard when you can’t find the Chanel ski suit that the copy editor knicked off with. The least we can do is refer you well and cover your bail money if you go too far at Movida’s on a Saturday night.
How To Apply
Send an e-mail to jobs [at] kickette [dot] com with your work summary/CV-type info/skill set deets/etc and “Intern: Fashion” or “Intern: all-rounder” in the subject line. Don’t forget to include links to previous work and writing samples!
Don’t fit the entire criteria but think you’ve got something to offer… we’re open to hearing how you’d like to contribute.