May 17th, 2010
Kickette Catch-Up: A Thorough Weekend Gossip Cheat Sheet
Images via Hola! magazine, AS.com, Getty Images Europe
- The Beckhams treated their trio of boys to the Jonas Brothers’ summer tour kick-off concert in Los Angeles. Romeo Beckham (above) demonstrated how to properly wear one summer staple: white sunglasses. Chic in his own right, Cruz Beckham chose eccentric red shades to go with his uniquely suave hairstyle.
- We launched our Facebook page! No, we don’t know how to use it. But a little thing like that shouldn’t stop you from adding us…
- Weekend Gossip regular Cheryl Cole took to the Berlin stage Saturday evening in her visually displeasing costumes. She also treated some lucky fans to autographs while passing through Zurich airport. Has news of Ashley’s toilet cubicle mate caught up with her yet?
- An enraged Malaga fan tossed a water bottle at Cristiano Ronaldo’s head as he exited Real Madrid’s away game travel bus. Some Kickette staffers found his method of duckery humorous.
- Comedian Russell Brand spoke of emotions, saying his got the best of him as he and Robbie Williams recorded a new version of the “Three Lions” song: “I was embarrassed by how emotional I felt singing this song. I nearly cried… It’s the only good England song and I look forward to singing it as we crash out on penalties. Then I will be crying.”
- Cesc Fabregas reiterated his desire to return to Barcelona someday, which was just as sad as seeing a HQ shot of his fug tattoo.
- This News Of the World headline needs no introduction: “WAG haven leads drink-drive league.”
- The Rooney family was busy soaking up the Majorcan sun during this mini-break between the end of the EPL season and the start of Wayne’s World Cup training.
- Louise Redknapp unveiled new Triumph Lingerie promo shots this weekend. And who doesn’t like their undies with a side of taxidermy/photoshopped leopard? Photography by John Wright.
All Weekend Long
- Our inboxes were suffering at the hands of both excited and panicked readers. Many La Liga footballers were out and about for the past three days and thankfully, many Kickette soldier girls had reporter for stalk-watch duty.
- Why did Amaia Salamanca plop herself right next to two married Madridistas, Raul Albiol and Álvaro Arbeloa?;
- Xabi shaved his beard/was smokin’;
- Sergio’s green jeans are back with a vengeance;
- Purple does wonders for Mamen Sanz’s (pictured with husband, Raul) complexion;
- Karim Benzema cut a lonesome, pouty figure in the corner of his private box.
Later that evening both Gerard Pique and Iker Casillas brought their significant others to the Alejandro Sanz concert. Pique and his WAG, Nuria, avoided eye contact with the many leering fans, while Dani Alves and Cesc took their seats alongside their camera-shy friends. No word on their WAGs whereabouts.