February 1st, 2010
Kickette Catch-Up: Weekend Cheat Sheet
A huge congratulations to the Egyptian National team – they won their third consecutive African Nations cup this weekend. Image via Zimbio.
- The Spanish female population has spoken and a majority of them believe Beckham’s Armani ads were sexier than Ronaldo’s. Of course, while Beckham’s bulge was seriously impressive, Crissy’s hip dips are second to none.
- On another Beckham note, Barca ‘Toons will be shaking in their animated boots once David’s comicbook character makes his debut.
- Dimitar Berbatov turned twenty-nine. Sigh. Another year has passed and still, we’ve not taken a ride on the Berbabus. [pic via ONTD]
- Cheryl Cole rolls out music videos quicker than Jermain Defoe finds girlfriends. Your thoughts on her third effort for single, “Parachute”?
- Togo has been banned from the next two editions of the African Nations Cup and fined $50.000 due to their withdrawal from the competition after the horrific machine gun attack on the team bus. Yes, we thought it was some kind of a sick joke too.
- Cookies to everyone and a big thank you for all those who voted Kickette as Soccerlens’ 2009 Best Community winner. We were awarded both the Readers’ Choice and the Editors’ Choice.
- Alena Seredova gives her first interview after giving birth to David for the February issue of Czech ELLE magazine. Bubba doesn’t look too thrilled about the flash.