March 15th, 2010
Kickette Catch-Up: Weekend Gossip Cheat Sheet
- In September there were whispers of a relationship between Nicklas Bendtner and telly presenter Caroline Fleming. For those in need, finally there is closure: the couple have made their public debut. Need a refresher on Ms. Fleming? She’s the baroness 13-years Nicky’s senior who once lived in a castle. Somewhere, Claudine Keane is plotting her next move.
- At Elton John’s Oscar party last weekend, Victoria Beckham apparently told a Daily Star reporter to get “sloshed on Elton’s free drink” before she fled the scene for Vanity Fair‘s bash. That’s the spirit(s)! While said reporter was miffed Mr. Beckham wasn’t present, he had probable reason to be absent. He was perfecting his Risotto, after all.
- A heavily-pregnant-and-going-to-pop-any-minute-now Carly Zucker passed the time on Saturday with a spot of shopping. Call us crazy but it seems shopping and somewhat doing her hair have quickly become two of her new favorite pastimes?
- Comedian Rufus Hound put on quite the Cheryl Cole show Saturday night for the BBC One special, “Let’s Dance For Sport Relief.” He walked away with the top prize after nailing his “Fight For This Love” performance.
- Elsewhere in Cheryl Cole land, rapper Will.i.Am threw his hat into the “let’s talk about Cheryl Cole publicly” ring by saying she’s “the prettiest, hottest girl” who deserves better than Ashely. FYI, we hear Will.i.am is producing Cheryl’s second album after their first go-round working together has proved to be a huge success.
- If you are an expert in suitcase packing, please see Landon Donovan. Everton confirmed they were unable to extend his rather successful loan spell. Landy will be heading back stateside to link up with the Los Angeles Galaxy before the MLS season starts.
- A smiling Gianluigi Buffon, hiding-behind-her-sunglasses Alena Seredova and their eldest son watched Sunday’s Juventus match against Siena in a VIP box. Can you tell we’re still skeptical about this couple’s state of affairs?
- Carlos Tevez’s model-fling-thing has a mouth, and is more than happy to use it. After spilling the beans about Tevez and his wife living in separate countries, she revealed that she and the Manchester City Striker are madly in love. Groan.