July 12th, 2010
Kickette Catch Up: Weekend Gossip Cheat Sheet
Images via WENN, Diez Minutos.es, AS.com.
- We know we must sound like a broken record, but for the new and old readers among us, please keep in mind that while WC season is over, vacay season just got started! For example, our two favourite Liverpool lads, Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher, were caught wading in the Formentera water this past weekend; Raul and Mamen gave their daughter, Maria, her first dip in the Menorca ocean; and prior to demonstrating his pre-season fitness, Aitor Ocio and his new love(!) played at la playa with his daughter in Ibiza. Damn you, Spanish islands holiday inhabitants that aren’t us.
- But wait there’s more: Javier Mascherano and family are in the MIA (not shocking); Franck Ribery and his wife were seen loved up and going at it on a beach (semi-grossness); David Seaman is in Rio with his new gal (total-grossness); and Jermain Defoe is in St. Lucia with a new lady (no comment).
- Elen Rives attended the F1 Grand Prix Ball 2010 much to our invitation confusion once again. The only person who might top her happens to be fellow WAG and one of Tatler magazine’s ‘Most Invited’ party people, Abbey Clancy.
- Portugal’s Fabio Coentrao is a father; his wife Andreia gave birth to their first daughter, Victoria, on Saturday. True facts: they’re both 22 years old and have been married for a year.
- Congratulations goes out to Danielle Lloyd and Jamie O’Hara (Portsmouth) for their “perfect” bundle of joy. Danielle documented TMI via Twitter before finally giving birth to the couple’s first son, Archie, at 2:03 a.m. Social networking post-baby producing ain’t easy. Dani managed to incorrectly tweet her child’s birth date mere hours later.
- Irina Shayk is on the cover of South African GQ; her boyfriend’s potential baby momma is on the cover of Portugal’s Lux magazine. That is, if you don’t believe Ronaldo used a surrogate via the Mayo Clinic. Have you, like us, lost the will to speculate on this one?
- Victoria Beckham got into some S&M shopping. At least, that’s the the type of stuff we’d be into if married to David.
- Do you have your clever caps on? Let your creative juices flow by entering to win a limited edition Studs Up/Umbro t-shirt in their caption contest.