August 2nd, 2010
Kickette Catch Up: Weekend Gossip Cheat Sheet
With the last lingering players returning from their well-deserved summer breaks, this Monday’s gossip cheat sheet is heavier on the match results than normal. Never fear, though, we come bearing light blue bulge to make amends.
- Two former Real Madrid comrades, Christoph Metzelder and Raul, celebrated their new team’s (Schalke) win over Hamburg SV and another old teammate, Ruud van Nistelrooy, in Gelsenkirchen, Germany. [AP Photo/Martin Meissner].
- Ligue 1 side, Marseille, captured the first (thankless) trophy of the 2010 – 2011 season.
- Manchester United’s Anderson survived a fireball car crash. WTF? Glad he’s okay.
- Cheryl Cole: Desperate Housewife?
- Barcelona ‘baller, Andres Iniesta, and his girlfriend Ana bumped into Formula 1 boss, Flavio Briatore and his wife whilst holidaying in Sardinia. [Image: Hola.com].
- Potentially exaggerated rumours suggest that Sara Carbonero has a future in film: she supposedly has an upcoming cameo in the movie, ‘Los Exhibicionistas’. Damn her successful career and amazing bikini body.
- Step aside, LL Cool J, ladies really love Victoria B.