September 20th, 2010
Kickette Catch Up: Weekend Gossip Cheat Sheet
What went down this weekend goss-wise that you need to know about? Let’s take a keen look, as directed by Sylvie. Image: Facebook.
- Prior to the weekend kicking off in grand, drunken fashion, Sylvie van der Vaart played it smart by showing off new shots from her campaign for Gillette razors. And when we say, “played it smart”, we’re referring to the shirtless male she’s posing with. (Ed Note: more stylish snaps of non-shilling Sylvie can be seen here).
- Argentinian glamour girl, Luciana Salazar, stripped down to share her side of the Iker story. For those not willing to tamper with their 20/20 vision, Salazar denied tabloid that she got her fugly paws on this hot piece of Mancandy.
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s girlfriend, Irina Shayk, was one of the many footie-related faces spotted at New York Fashion Week. Next on the agenda is Madrid Fashion Week, which opened over the weekend with a dashing appearance by the Shayk again before she fled to Germany. Then it’s D.C. Fashion Week’s turn, which promises to feature D.C. United players as models.
- LOLLERBLADES quote of the weekend was courtesy of Alex Gerrard, who offered this gem of a statement of a “style” tip: “Mix and match your wardrobe – you can completely reinvent an outfit. And don’t take trends too seriously, what suits one person isn’t always right for somebody else.”
- The outfit David Beckham wore to a Thai masseuse parlor should seem familiar: he donned a similar sweats-and-beanie ensemble whilst out doing Daddy duties earlier last week. [Image: Quem]
- We still haven’t quite figured out why Shay Given doesn’t enjoy being behind Joe Hart?
- Lastly, in a spot of sad news, Tottenham announced the death of former striker Bobby Smith at the age of 77. Smith played as a centre forward for Spurs during their double-winning 1960-61 campaign, a feat the team has not achieved since.