December 13th, 2010
Kickette Catch Up: Weekend Gossip Cheat Sheet
Yulia Voronin had a great time in Miami Beach this weekend. You?
Everyone’s favourite Argentine Gonzo Higuain turned twenty-three. Let’s all raise our glasses (off his shelf booty) and toast the Real Madrid striker.
- A big congrats goes out to retired MLS player, Kyle Martino, who got engaged to girlfriend Eva Amurri over the weekend. Amurri, an actress in her own right, has a family bloodline fit for Hollywood Royalty: she’s the daughter of Susan Sarandon and Franco Amurri, granddaughter of writer Antonio Amurri, and the niece of writer Valentina Amurri. While the MLS might be a baby lamb compared to the European football lions, Martino understands how to get the top notch WAG thing done. [Credit to The Offside Rules for the story spot!]
- Three players were named finalists for the African Footballer of the Year 2010 Award: Didier Drogba (Côte d’Ivoire/Chelsea), Samuel Eto’o (Cameroon/Inter Milan) and Asamoah Gyan (Ghana/Sunderland). The winner will be announced on 20 December 2010.
- Manchester United’s Dimitar Berbatov is going to be a daddy again. His girlfriend, with whom he shares a nearly-one-year-old daughter Dea, will give birth to a son this summer. Rumour has it the couple will name the child Ivan, after Berba’s father.
- Tottenham’s Peter Crouch dismissed the notion that many footballers’ rags-to-riches stories leave them “out of touch” with fans.
- Spanish model Melena Costa professed her adoration for boyfriend, Carles Puyol, by saying he is his hair care closet is “the best thing” that’s happened to her this year.
- Louise Redknapp admitted to checking Jamie’s text messages.
- We are always flabbergasted to discover that Ronaldinho has the ability to pull hot chicks. Are we sure these gals aren’t of the paid kind?
- Liverpool tattoo-man and fan fav Danny Agger celebrated his 26th b-day.