April 4th, 2011
Kickette Catch Up: Weekend Gossip Cheat Sheet
Reality called us this weekend, but we sent him straight to voice mail. We definitely had better things to do, like collect the three convertible bra straps that we hung on our neighborhood pub’s walls, which was our drunk membranes’ unsuccessful attempt at telling the ‘last call’ minder to go kick rocks. On top of that, we had mounds of gossip to
ignore get through.
Best to pace yourselves, Kickettes, as you read through this weekend’s top news. Then, promise us that you’ll never recklessly pull a “Coyote Ugly” moment of your own?
- Victoria Beckham, along with her three sons and hairstylist/friend Ken Paves, took to the Home Depot Center to watch hubby/daddy David in action for the LA Galaxy. Would ya look at that bump?! It sure looks robustly round when seen from the side, but straight-on shots of this Mum-to-be seem to tell a different story.
- Speaking of blossoming bundles of joy, we heard Caroline Celico’s Mum organised an intimate shower for her daughter in Sao Paolo. As we’ve been relentlessly reminding you of for some time now (more so because we fear we’ll forget) Mr. & Mrs. Kaká have about a month left to prepare for the birth of their second child.
- Shaun Wright-Phillips showed his adorkable side during an arts and crafts session with schoolkids at the Children’s Adventure Farm Trust in Cheshire.
- Also a funny sight, in a ‘detrimental to his safety’ sort of way: Franck Ribéry got tripped up by a metal barrier during training. Handheld video cams = best invention since sliced bread.
- On a tangent and we don’t mind if we do: for the UK folk rolling with us today, what goods did you give your Mum for Sunday’s celebration of Mothers?
- Have you already forgotten about the rape allegations lodged against Marseille striker, Brandão? Although there’s been minimal movement in his court proceedings, L’OM made sure to extend the Brazilian’s stay in his native country by sealing his sealing his on-loan fate. B. will play for Cruzeiro through the end of 2011.
- Fulham-supporters, what’s your take on the gigundo Michael Jackson statue that was unveiled outside Craven Cottage yesterday?