April 18th, 2011
Kickette Catch Up: Weekend Gossip Cheat Sheet
- Sadly, we learned that Stephen Ireland’s longtime girlfriend, Jessica Lawlor, sustained major injuries in a car crash that occurred midweek last week. The 25-year-old Mum was supposedly riding shot gun in her friend’s Audi before the luxe car crashed into a tree. Although she was initially treated and discharged with a clean bill of health, she returned to the hospital two days later due to suspected internal bleeding and/or organ damage. We hear she’s healing nicely, but we’re sending our thoughts & warmest get-well-soon wishes to Jess & fam anyway.
- Crystal Palace’s James Vaughn (on loan from Everton, mind you) got fiesty with a wall over the weekend. Can’t we all just get along?
- Who do you think was cuter as a kid, Kickettes: Frank Lampard or Christine Bleakley?
- Mario Balotelli, proud home owner to the most awkward McMansion on his block, will reportedly not face sanctions from the FA for his badge bust up with Rio Ferdinand during this weekend’s Manchester duel.
- BTW, Rio and his wife, Rebecca, welcomed their third child, a baby girl named Tia, just ahead of the cup clash. How cute will it be to see older brothers Lorenz and Tate keep a keen watch over their little sister?!
- Gareth Bale has won the PFA Player Of The Year award. It’s obvious he’ll be stashing the trophy in his shorts, but we have no idea if Jack Wilshere plans to do the same with his PFA Young Player of the Year hardware.