May 2nd, 2011
Kickette Catch Up: Weekend Gossip Cheat Sheet
Hark! Whose stray chin strands go there? Image Credit: REUTERS/Giorgio Perottino.
- We had harsh words for the owl-kicking Colombian player after we caught wind of the incident, but they weren’t nearly as bad as his court-mandated punishment. Luis Moreno must pay an undisclosed fine, foot the bird’s treatment bill and perform community service at the local zoo.
- Would you ‘turn off the TV’ for Alessandro Del Piero? What if he bribes you with his bedhead and Italian language-of-love skillz?
- Gerard Pique’s girlfriend, Shakira, won 6 trophies at the Latin Billboard Music Awards. Not too shabby we say.
- Oh, Zlatan. Why must your facial hair continue to torture us so? We even went as far as abstaining from hurling deserved slurs in your pornstache’s direction. Your repayment is uncalled for. (Btw, Ibra and his facial ish were seen sitting in the stands of AC Milan v. Bologna match yesterday. Image Credit: Claudio Villa/Getty Images Europe.)
- Time to say a sad ‘so long’ to Sami Hyypia, Kickettes. The former Liverpool man – and current Bayer Leverkusen player – announced his retirement from the beautiful game, effective at the official conclusion of the Bundesliga season.
- Frankie Sandford, she of hot body and insane accessories, is said to be peeved about Wayne Bridge’s plans for an all lads holiday. For the sake of being over-protective of our girl crush, we’re watching you WB!
- Lastly, Happy Birthday to Ashley Laine, an apparent fan of ours who gave herself the gift that keeps on giving: our archives. If you haven’t had the chance to properly travel back in time with our ’07-’10 selves, get to work or experience a level of shame that no morning-after walk could match. Yeah, we’re short on stories, whatcha gonna do about it?!