May 9th, 2011
Kickette Catch Up: Weekend Gossip Cheat Sheet
- Victoria Beckham got teepeed at her baby shower around the same time as news about her husband and son, Brookyn, walking away unharmed from their LA freeway car crash broke. She’s got her lucky stars to thank for her family’s safety and for Gisele Bündchen wearing one of her dresses.
- Chelsea’s Didier Drogba is set to marry Lalla Diakite – again. Although 33-year-old Chelsea man first wed his Malian sweetheart in a small ceremony nearly a decade ago, it was said to be a small understated affair. Now that Drogba has the cash to splash in the South of France, he’s giving his lady a proper party. No word on if he’s hiring a band or if he’ll be the evening’s only entertainment.
- A pack of pretty ladies from a Brazilian TV show were sent to a Santos’ press conference to distract one of the club’s stars, Neymar.
- US-backing Kickettes, KickStarter (a financial fundraising platform) is calling for your dollars to help produce Rise and Shine: The Jay DeMerit Story.
- Matteo Ferrari wore black and white all over to the Strongbow Gold Experience Party for the debut of the new Heineken cider at Spazio Antologico in Milan, Italy. We approve of the crisp high-top trainers.
- Do you know how much your favourite MLS player makes? Do you want to know?
- We learned Roberto Carlos has no problems with pitch invaders. Actually, he recently gave one a hug and an autograph for his troubles.
- Last but not least, it’s another one of these. Ugh