June 6th, 2011
Kickette Catch Up: Weekend Gossip Cheat Sheet
Not just Germany’s most popular WAG, she may just be their most popular female celebrity. Respect Claudia Lahm, Kickettes. Image taken July 2010. Image Credit: REUTERS/Michaela Rehle.
- Possibly unscientifically-proven German search engine research found that Philipp Lahm’s wife, Claudia, was the most sought after woman on their ‘celebrity barometer’, based on the number of news stories she was featured in. Report runners-up were Anna-Maria Lagerblom (ex of Mesut Ozil) and Monika Podolski (wife of Lukas).
Cheers to EC for the hair raising discovery. Image Credit: JEFFERSON BERNARDES/AFP/Getty Images.
- Rafael and Sylvie van der Vaart proved their power couple perfection yet again. We’ll never grow tired of these two even though their standard of living will never be within our means.
- A suavely-coiffed Xavi attended the Catalunya GP this weekend, and some sources have reported that Ducati driver, Valentino Rossi, knelt down in front of Xavi and kissed his feet. (Sidenote: Bigfoot was also there.)
Image: News Of The World/PA.
- Kickettes, do us a favour and tell the Baroness that no matter how high brow her closet is, the one rule neither she nor we (and all women, at that) are allowed to break: showcasing your visible tan lines in a strapless dress.
- And while your at it, feel free to give Peter Odemwingie’s denim disaster a middle finger salute.
- Mario Balotelli’s agent denied reports that his client has ties to the Italian mob, even though the city tour of Naples that his client was given was organised by mafioso members. What’s that idiom our Mums used to beat to a pulp? You are the company you keep?
Any blind or obvious items we missed, dear readers?