June 7th, 2010
Kickette Catch-Up: Weekend Gossip Cheat Sheet
Images via Hola! magazine, Getty Images, Boris Horvat/AFP.
- Ex-Barcelona coach, Frank Rijkaard, got married for the third time. To his kids’ nanny. Hmm…
- We also wasted an hour or so trying to figure out which ‘baller’s bubba most closely resembles “Juanito” (one of the top 12 worst World Cup mascots).
- Tottenham’s Luka Modric became a father. He was by the seaside in Zadar when wifey Vanja’s water broke, and he raced to Zagreb to be there in just time for the birth. Baby is a healthy little boy, but they’ve yet to decide on a name. Congrats!
- Retired French footballer, and current scout for Arsenal, Christian Karembeu and wife Adriana attended Sunday’s French Open in rather gaudy garb. They looked on from the VIP stands as footballer-favourite Rafa Nadal won his fifth French title.
- Congrats to goal-keeper extraordinaire, Edwin van der Saar, who was knighted at an Oranje farewell ceremony
- Understanding the intrinsic relationship that fine drink, fine dress and fine footy men share, Sky Sports presenter Georgie Thompson is “making football fabulous” with the help of Gallo Family Vineyards. She’ll be wearing a dress made of vintage footy kits, sharing her style and beauty tips and providing pub recommendations for female fans to watch the World Cup at.
- Aside from looking beyond faboosh in several recent photo shoots, we learned that Abbey Clancy is another equestrian-loving WAG. She even boards her German horse Constantine, a gift from Peter, at Toni Terry’s stable and admitted to riding her thoroughbred commando-style. Meep.
- In the same edition of News of the World, Ashley Cole‘s new hook up was mocked for her imitation Christian Louboutin heels. The lapdancer-turned-self-photography enthusiast is the epitome of what the girls at Kickette HQ like to call a “Budget WAG“.
- Shameless promo alert: we’ve learned how to sync our Twitter feed with our Facebook page. If our technologically advanced skills don’t impress you, maybe recent reader discoveries such as Victor Valdes and his son Dylan will entice you to join us?
- In an interview, Jermain Defoe rates his looks at an “11 out of 10″.