April 19th, 2010
Kickette Catch-Up: Weekend Gossip Cheat Sheet
- Robbie Savage, Roque Santa Cruz and their Man City teammates were Twitpic’d at a charity cook-off event on Saturday. Ironically, we and Robbie happen to share the same pet name for Roque: ‘gorgeous’. What are the odds of that?
- Dasha Zhukova looked post-baby beautiful on the red carpet at the Grace Kelly: Style Icon private exhibition viewing. Dasha and boyfriend, Roman Abramovich, had baby Aaron four months ago in the States. It was the Chelsea FC owner’s sixth child.
- We were saddened to learn that Franck Ribery has been questioned as a witness by authorities investigating another French NT player’s involvement related to prostitution involving a minor. Ugh.
- With the abundance of WAG news on Saturday, it’s no wonder High Street stores are hawking kiddies tees with ‘Future WAG’ emblazoned across the front. Double ugh.
- Before the start of the weekend, the world seemed destined to collapse in the deep crevice of Kim Kardashian’s arse crack. While fangirls everywhere were dying to know deets of her hook-up with Cristiano Ronaldo, Kim finally killed the big pink elephant in the room by telling the press that she is ‘having a good time being single’. Hardly what we wanted to hear.
- Our 2008 Man Ho of The Year is back with a vengeance. The NOTW caught Jermain Defoe and his ‘afternoon delight’ lady friend in the back of his car. She was on her knees. You can figure out the rest.
- Danielle Lloyd, a former Defoe girl, will be starring in an upcoming ITV reality TV show. About fishing. Cue the cheesy press questions: ‘what/who was your biggest catch?’ Over the weekend, Dani, her bump and her fianceé, Jamie O’Hara, were seen out enjoying the warm(er) London weather over the weekend.
- Frank Lampard tugged our heart strings a little tighter when he was spotted wining and dining girlfriend Bleakly and her mother – again.
- We couldn’t figure out which EPL player is paying London gangs in exchange for his safety, but we sure do have a hunch.