February 6th, 2012
Kickette Catch Up: Your Weekend Gossip Cheat Sheet
Top of the morning to ya, Kickettes!
Hope you had a nice weekend filled with treats of the alcoholic and ‘baller varieties.
- Nicklas Bendtner brought his two favourite females – a pet snake and his rumoured new girlfriend – to the launch of “NB Jewellery” where his first collection, “N3,” was presented. A dream of his ever since he was a young lad, Nicky B joins the much-better-suited ranks of David Beckham, Thierry Henry and Rio Ferdinand as footballers who own their own fashion and/or accessory lines.
- Good news for Stewart Downing: he won’t face charges after being arrested last month on suspicion of assault according to police. The 27-year-old winger was held for questioning on the 8th of January in relation to an alleged altercation with the 32-year-old mother of his child outside a pub in Yarm. She, too, was arrested that night, and remains free on police bail until further notice.
- Model/WAG extraordinaire, Irina Shayk, joined her BFF and fellow SI co-worker, Jessica White, at Las Vegas nightclub 1OAK for a pre-Super Bowl party. Our sugar daddy never came through FTW, in case you were wondering.
- Victoria Beckham accidentally crashed the Irish Hospice Foundation’s Web site after Tweeting a thank you message to Bono and his wife for the children’s book they gave to Vicky B’s daughter, Harper.
- Helen Flanagan felt the need to remind us +5 times about her relationship with Swansea footballer, Scott Sinclair, in an otherwise forgettable interview with one of the daily papers. Nice try, but you’re both still on the cusp of being irrelevant to us.
- Dutch ‘baller, Ryan Babel, dispensed some rather curious pontifications on relationships for women and children of varying ages to live by. Example: “Waiting until your parents are in a good mood before asking them for something you want…” Cheers for the advice, Captain Obvious.