March 12th, 2012
Kickette Catch Up: Your Weekend Gossip Cheat Sheet
On Friday we started a new diet that only allowed us gin and tonics for 48 hours straight.
All in all, it was the first diet we ever seriously stuck to and as a result, we lost two whole days!
- Football pundit and former Strictly Come Dancing participant, Robbie Savage, announced via Twitter that his hero and best friend – his father – had passed away at the age of 64. Thoughts and well wishes for the entire family.
- According to research by Badoo, a social networking site, the celebrity most Italian women dream of having a relationship with is David Beckham. The country’s warm-blooded blokes picked Marco Borriello’s ex and Kevin-Prince Boateng’s current (who supposedly will be nude in a forthcoming issue of Playboy) as their second and fifth favourite female fantasy partners.
- Mrs Djibril Cisse (above, left) attended the Tesco Mum of the Year awards with her mate, Liz McLarnon, in London. Note: Mrs Cisse is not Liz’s mum. Also note: while Gabby Logan walked away with the Celebrity Mum of the Year prize, Jude’s sky high heels earned a nod in the fashion awards show of our hearts.
- Tinchy Stryder, rapper and Manchester United fan, promised to make amends for writing a song about Man City’s Mario Balotelli by penning a track in Eric Cantona’s honour. “My favourite current United player is Wayne Rooney, but I’d like to write a song about Eric Cantona. When he played at United I just liked everything about him even though he was controversial,” Stryder said on the BBC1 show Football Focus.
- First Giselle, now Danielle Lloyd. Kickettes, you think WAGs of professional athletes should speak out at fans or critical foes, or should they forever keep their traps shut instead?