May 7th, 2012
Kickette Catch Up: Your Weekend Gossip Cheat Sheet
A bloke wearing a dress is funny.
That’s a skirt right, Kickettes?
- Colorado Rapids’ Wells Thompson is a fan of farm animals and brown denim overalls. We are not.
- For many, it seems the life of a WAG is akin to winning the lottery. Christine Eisenbeis’ new book tries, but does not, refute this notion. In an excerpt from “In My Next Life I Shall Be a Player’s Wife” (“Im nächsten Leben werd’ ich Spielerfrau – Ein Phänomen wird abgeschminkt”), we learn that the majority of WAGs are shallow. Some even more than their partners. Zzzz….
- Retired Nigerian footballer Rashidi Yekini, who scored the country’s first goal at the World Cup, passed away.
- But back to the frivolity that is Jessica Lawlor’s life. On Sunday she revealed that she doesn’t want to have a glitzy WAG wedding when she marries Stephen Ireland. Honest. She even invited The Sun over for a home visit to tell the world as much.
- Roberto Carlos, Samuel Eto’o and Guus Hiddink starred in a rap video. We didn’t understand, but we found it quite endearing. And weird. But more endearing than weird.
- Sergio Ramos’ girlfriend was working at some Portguese car race this weekend. Scrubs up well, that one.