August 29th, 2011
Kickette Catch Up: Your Weekend Gossip Cheat Sheet
First spotted on The Offside Rules.
- Speaking from experience, there’s nothing special about Modelo Especial. Except for Clint Dempsey’s cut-short cameo in the above advert. You can try your virtual luck against the Fulham/USMNT player too.
- Swansea’s Alan Tate broke his leg in a freak golf buggy accident. He’ll be out for 6 months, but the jokes at his expense will probably linger for longer.
- Pato and Barbara B (time for us to start calling her Babs for short for lazy reasons) were barely recognised on holiday in Bali recently. It wasn’t until a young fan asked for the AC Milan ‘baller autograph that folks took notice. The couple was described as ‘in love’ and ‘very humble’ people, per the hotel staffers that spoke to Novalla 2000.
- Sporting KC’s Soony Saad showed off his Rubix Cube skillz for the YouTube crowd.
- Alena Seredova denied another round of pregnancy rumours while discussing her hopes for husband Gigi’s post-playing future (hint: she wants him to the coach Italy’s national squad).
- Apparently Chelsea’s Juan Mata has a voice of an angel. We demand documentation.
- The Women’s Professional Soccer league (US) couldn’t keep their pesky unofficial mascot at bay during Sunday’s title match between the Western New York Flash and Philadelphia Independence. The WNY Flash ladies won 5-4, btw.