May 5th, 2010
Lazy Links & Randoms
Ever been on a double date as a favour to a friend and she swears that this massively hot guy she going out with has a ‘lovely’ friend who is single? So you go along as a favour to her, with faint hopes that he might be the man of your dreams and are then confronted with something like this (above left). Hmm. We have.
Upsetting and confusing, Kickettes. But it’s that kind of week. For a start, we read this article and discovered we quite like Elen Rives. Then, if that wasn’t bizarre enough, accent aficionado and ex England manager Steve McLaren has put his er… umbrella behind him to win the Dutch Eredivisie with FC Twente.
Wow. If redemption is available at this level, people, there may even be hope for Sergio Ramos (left).
- We thought the results of our fantasies about building the ultimate footballer were a bit weird. But not this weird.
- And now we’re reaaallllly confused. But in a much better way.
- Okay. So people are GIVING cake away now. But not to us. Seriously?
- On the plus side, all this makes the news that C-Ron will be having his own waxwork at London’s Madame Tussauds seem a like a plausible idea. For future reference, if anyone is ever arrested, say, for being drunk & disorderly and trying to mount the aforementioned waxwork, our in-house solicitors have already prepared a statement of denial. Just so you know.
- Speaking of mounting people in the Greater London area, the rumour mill has thrown out the possibility of Marco Boriello and Kaka (left) starring in the midfield for Chelsea next season. Bound to be rubbish, but we love the transfer window for this exact reason.
- Sylvie Van Der Vaart happily remains in ‘Let’s Dance’ for another week. She gained 31 points last Friday for her Paso Doble and ran into a few challenging questions from an unexpected source. Bless.
- Loss of earnings? Status? Nope. Studs Up confronts the real peril of relegation.
- We want to live in this dressing room. We’ll sell a kidney for it. Hell, we’ll sell all of our internal organs. To medical science. They wouldn’t be much use to anyone else.
Finally, for today at least, everyone should become an honorary Seattle Sounders fan. Why? Watch this. We. Want. To. Die.
If anyone knows where they retail those light-sabers, please let us know. We really need one for the Kickette office.