May 12th, 2010
Noémie Lenoir: Well Wishes
As word quickly travels around the world, we reluctantly report that Noémie Lenoir allegedly attempted to take her own life this past Sunday. We were both shocked and saddened to learn of this news, and, before we continue, we urge those who are suffering from depression to seek help through a support network like The Samaritans.
The French supermodel was found unconscious in a shaded area of a park in La Celle-Saint-Cloud. After a passer-byer called for help, firefighters were first to the scene and transported Lenoir to a local hospital.
What transpired beforehand is anyone’s guess, although there are several news outlets recounting a similar series of events:
- Noémie was with ex-husband, Claude Makélélé, at his house in Paris. The suicide attempt came one week after Makélélé and Lenoir had staged their reconciliation in public, appearing together in the festivities celebrating the Coupe de France.
- At some point, she ingested a lethal cocktail of drugs – it has been inferred that the drugs were her prescription medications. Drugs were also found next to her body after she passed out beneath a tree in the park, but the nature of said “drugs” has not been 100% confirmed.
- One of the two parties present rang the Police Nationale – i.e. the French police – to call for help; that request was later cancelled by Noémie.
- Soon thereafter, she fled the home without warning.
- No details concerning the whereabouts of the couple’s five-year-old son,Keylan, have been reported and Noémie’s PR people are not commenting on the story at this time. The Police Nationale are reporting that Lenoir is no longer an imminent danger to herself or those around her.
Our thoughts are with the family at this time.