May 19th, 2010
Photos by Ryan Pierse/Getty Images AsiaPac
Timmy C. has been enjoying a good, frequent run at Kickette posts, so who are we to rain on his parade?
Last night, our saucy Aussie posed for some seriously precocious glamour shots before hosting the Tim Cahill Cancer Fund for Children gala. His tan and wrinkles from the Las Vegas sun are second to none, but we aren’t able to accurately analyze his new wedding band.
But really, who cares? We suggest viewing this random video and the artistic photo assortment below with caution and croissants.
May 18th, 2010
We’re running out of adjectives to describe Sylvie van der Vaart. Beautiful, inspiring, and talented just aren’t cutting it any more. How about “beauspirented”? Kind of has a ring to it.
Sylvie has advanced to the penultimate episode on Let’s Dance by scoring 58 points for her salsa and jive dances last week and is currently in second place based on average scores.
We didn’t think it was possible for her to improve on the purple feather tail emsemble, but Sylvie’s costumes this week were sexy, sparkly, and full ‘o fringe all at the same time. Her skin tone has also elevated to the same spectacular shade of our favourite morning cereal: Curiously Cinnamon. Based on the advancement of her spray tan alone, we’d say Sylvie is well on her way to being crowned champion.
Click here and scroll through the videos for Liveshow 6 to watch Sylvie’s two dances and an interview. Sadly there are no German speakers at Kickette HQ so we don’t really know what she’s saying, but she sure looks cute in her Chanel t-shirt. Bonus: her hot hubby Rafael makes a cameo.
In other Sylvie news, she will be returning as a judge on Das Supertalent in the fall. Her German reality show star is soaring to unprecedented heights, Kickettes.
May 18th, 2010
This is why the off-season is dangerous to one’s mental health: the brilliant Studs-Up “The Wizard of Coz” comic series based on fancy pink football boots and the havoc they wreak. Warning: contains Nicklas Bendtner as the Wicked Witch of the East, Fernando Torres as Glinda complete with pink… cotton candy(??) as shoulder pads.
- Chezza got paid a quarter of a mill for 30 minutes work. Don’t hate, appreciate.
- From the “which rep planted this story?” files: The Beckhams make-out in the cinema.
- Alex Gerrard isn’t hitting the gym while she’s on vacation with the family.
- Samuel Eto’o has diagonal abs. Impressive.
- Why Guti rules: he gets a yellow card when he’s not even on the pitch. Bad bout of PMT, maybe?
- Cesc, please don’t leave the PL! England need LOLs like this to survive. (But if you do go, would you mind sending over Gourcuff to help ease the loss?)
- John Terry’s ability to catch a beer can with one hand is kind of a turn on.
- Hot Germans in suits, in B&W. It’s all good.
- Can you ID this footballer’s house? It’s a stalker’s time to shine, so don’t be shy.
Follow us on Twitter if you want the breaking news first or to see photos we can’t afford to buy, fan us on Facebook if you want to discuss Sergio’s pleather jackets, and subscribe to our RSS feed in your reader if you know what the hell that is. Cheers!
May 18th, 2010
Our interest level in Ricardo Quaresma waxes and wanes much like the moon. (And our interest in H&M collaborations.)
Once the subject of a Would You? reader debate, Ricky dropped off our radar shortly afterwards. But now that transfer gossip abounds of a possible move from Inter Milan to Turkish side Besiktas, the potential hook-up with Matteo Ferrari has convinced us to sorta-care.
Know this: Quaresma, the man who’s never met a logo he didn’t love, has surreptitiously dumped his supposed long-term girlfriend weeks after she birthed his baby. Apparently, he’s left her – without money, no less – and is denying paternity of the daughter he once claimed as his.
What on earth happened?
Let’s just say it went something like a really smashing epi of EastEnders. We’re here to recap it for the DVR-less few among you.
- As recent as last November, Quaresma, 26, and his 24-year-old girlfriend, Catia Costa, were jumping for double joy at the thought of an upcoming stork delivery and their impending nuptials. While the beginning of their relationship was said to be “unstable”, Quaresma wanted to “man up” and make himself a blingtastically acessorized family.