May 28th, 2010
Pato & Sthefany’s Divorce Proceedings Suspended
Speculation about the demise of their marriage is rife around Kickette HQ. Some believe it was Sthef’s poor force-feeding tactics that did her – and her possible divorce settlement – in.
Our new favourite feuding Brazilian couple is at it again – and it’s getting ugly. For a rehash of Act 1, check out the initial divorce announcement.
Act 2, Scene 1
- Please recall: Sthef was asking for a pension/allowance/alimony to help her re-settle in Brazil. Her lawyer confirmed that a €50,000 proposal was “one of many” offers her legal team submitted to Pato’s lawyers. Sthef was also claiming that she’s been out of work for 7 months AND her TV contracts have expired, leaving her jobless and without a telly set to put her mug on.
(Asking for money to “readjust” to the country you were born and grew up in? That’s a whole ‘lotta bish, please right there.)
- Nev mind, the whole “woe is money-less me” story didn’t last long. Like any WAG worth her salt, Sthef found herself being offered a new, famewhorish sense of income: selling her divorce story to a magazine. A source close to Sthef says she’s considering it but stalling because she “wanted to be sure” her words would not be taken out of context.
(We take this to mean she wanted to chose her words wisely so she doesn’t hurt her chances in court….and to possibly wait out other magazines’ offers.)
Act 2, Scene 2
- Fed up and wanting to dissolve the marriage quickly, it was reported that Pato changed his tune, deciding to consider the €50K per month for 1 year in spousal support – on the basis that Sthef fades into the abyss and never speaks ill of him (or their marriage again.)
- Pato also allegedly attempts to include a “no reconciliation” clause in their agreement, something unusual unless there are dinosaur-sized skeletons in the closet. We take this “report” with hesitation though, since it’s something we’ve never even heard of before.
- Marcus and his father vehemently denied the claims, saying he’s never even met Sthefany; they threatened legal action against the Italian magazine that reported the rumour.
- Noticeably, Sthef stays shhh on this story.
- Information leaks suggesting Pato’s next legal move would be to accuse Sthefany of “deserting” their marriage.
Act 2, Scene 3
- Pato decides to go out with all guns’ blazin’, as his lawyers file an “act of incompetence” claiming that since Sthef’s current address is still in Italy, she must file her divorce decree there. The presiding judge agreed and suspends the Brazilian divorce proceedings.
- FYI, for those nosy nellies, the ruling stated that because this separation has been contested (by Sthefany, for money), she must make her claims in her current home country.
- Again, just a hunch, but this smart move by Pato’s lawyers leads us to believe Sthef’s chances at a bank-rolled future are less likely to come to fruition in Italy than if their divorce was settled in Brazil.
- To that, we’re sure Pato said: BOOYAH.