July 4th, 2010
Pitter Patter: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes A Father – UPDATED
Image via Tumblr – but will the rightful owner please stand up and claim this beautiful piece of artwork?
We try to avoid posting rumours with no basis on fact (see the Alex Gerrard “sister” joke of a news piece), and work hard to research our stories as much as possible – see our breaking open of the completely mis-reported story on Sara Carbonero, for example. Thus, we held off on posting this until we had heard about the confirmation from Cristiano Ronaldo’s representatives.
Now that Ronaldo’s U.S. representation “confirmed by e-mail that his correspondence with fans is in fact true,” let the gossip begin!
- Ronaldo announced the news of his Mini-me on his Facebook and Twitter feeds. The statement read: “It is with great joy and emotion that I inform I have recently become father to a baby boy. As agreed with the baby’s mother, who prefers to have her identity kept confidential, my son will be under my exclusive guardianship. No further information will be provided on this subject and I request everyone to fully respect my right to privacy (and that of the child) at least on issues as personal as these are.”
- Baby boy Ronaldo is apparently already in Portugal, according to Portuguese TV station SIC. However, we can exclusively confirm that Ronaldo was spotted at Newark Airport’s Terminal B (TAP Portugal) yesterday by airline employees. His manbags were said to be ruffled and this allegedly explains why his announcement came at an odd hour of the night – he was on Eastern Standard Time.
- Ricky Martin posted a congratulatory message on his twitter feed.
- Baby mama is American, and is said to have given birth in June. Rumour has it that the girl got knocked up during his 2009 Los Angeles holiday. This also means the kid will be eligible to play for the USMNT. Interesting!
Our Opinion On This Situ
- Why hide it? Why the secrecy?
- If we were either the high priestesses of skankocity, or good-girls-gone-bad for a night, we’re not sure we’d give up all our rights to our tots for any price. And let’s be real: not getting to brag about hosting Cristiano Ronaldo’s DNA in your lady parts surely has no worth euro amount.
- As much as we commend Cristiano for assuming responsibility for his son, we are more freaked out by the fact that he has removed the child from the HPoS/GGGB in such a manner.
- We’ll continue to update this story as it unravels but does our favourite six-packer now seem like tainted goods to you, Kickettes? Or are you even more up on C-Ron now that he’s a daddy?
- Associated Press reporters in Madrid and Lisbon published a report at 9:14 am EST citing Ronaldo’s Twitter and Facebook feeds as their source. They also highlighted the Correio da Manha‘s earlier story credentials: “Gestifute confirms the veracity of Ronaldo’s statement”.
- Reuters Lisbon released a story confirmation at 12:55 pm EST although no new information has been disclosed.
- Portuguese newspaper, I, reported that Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos was born 17 June 2010 and is now in Portugal with his proud papa. Note: the child bears only Ronaldo’s family name. Congrats!
- In our favourite fantasy place, Freestilettoland, we’re currently pitting Kaka and Sergio Ramos as the front runners to become CR JR’s Godfather. Hee.
- RTP television channel reported on Sunday that the baby boy weighed 4 kilos/9 lbs and was nearly 21 inches long.