July 19th, 2010
Rumour Control: Iker & Sara’s Engagement, Cristiano Ronaldo’s Waitress
Let’s address the two stories that are filling up our inboxes with panic, scorn, and scorn-filled panic. We must warn you though, you may not be satisfied by what we have to offer. If you’re looking for closure, you shan’t be getting it here.
Let’s start with the Pastasauce rumours of an engagement with the mighty Iker Casillas:
- At this point, all paths for the wedding story seem to lead back to reports from In Touch, Spain. Within their story about the engagement, quoted sources are listed as “friends of” the couple.
- Repeat, at this stage, this is really the only source. All other reports seem to have started with them.
- Considering the speed at which Real Madrid comments on stories like this, not to mention it being highly unlikely Iker and Sara would keep something this big a secret, we’re going to hold off sending our wedding present just yet. (Note, we’d buy them a Pasta-maker, natch.)
- Here’s what we think happened: Pre-World Cup, Iker was interviewed by El Larguero, who asked him what he would do if Spain won the World Cup. He replied, “Shave my head or get married.” Post WC, when Sara was queried on these statements, she quipped, “He should shave his head, shorter hair suits him.”
- When they pushed on whether the pair would be getting married soon, Sara said she had no plans to get married because she wanted to concentrate on her career.
- Cue hysteria over whether Sara “turned down his engagement” or whether it’s a red herring to cover their actual engagement up.
In summary, no one really knows what’s going on.
- To that, we can only say if someone was paid gazillions of dollars to keep quiet, this surely isn’t the person.
- However, we are much more on board with the “one-night-stand gone baby mama” angle being closer to the truth than the ridiculous surrogacy talk.
- But: the likelihood of “Cristiano’s friends” talking to the British media? Anyone who knows Cris, knows that his closest friends are his CWQE (Cousins With Questionable English).
- And, since we all know the women rule the Ronaldo roost, surely any statements worth trusting would come from Cristiano’s sister via the Portuguese media, as they did prior?
- Forgive us our skepticism, but we are slow to jump on-board the many reports that still have the wrong (female) baby attributed as Cristiano’s son.
In summary: no one knows what’s actually going on.
COMMENTS ON THIS POST ARE NOW CLOSED