February 25th, 2010
Say What? Frank Lampard v. Christine Bleakley
You know the scene well: after some summer lovin’ and sad goodbyes, Sandra Dee and Danny part ways. When they bump into each other by surprise at school a few weeks later, Danny plays it cool ‘cuz the T-birds are a step up from the Pink Ladies.
Or something like that. This whatchamacallit has happened so fast our mascara hasn’t even had the proper time to set without clumping.
Frank Lampard declared he’s a single man over the weekend much to the suprise of Christine Bleakley. Either they’re friends with benefits or she is having quite the enjoyable imaginary relationship.
A summary of their statements to cast your opinions is below.
21st February 2010
- On Wags: ‘Listen, if I’m chosen to go, then the World Cup is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. If you say that for those four to six weeks I have got to be away from my girlfriend, then I’ll take it. I don’t want the women staying somewhere round the corner, so I’m thinking, “Does she want me there today? I want to rest today, I don’t really want to go out and see her, but the other players are going, so should I?”
- Frank on his relationship status: ‘I’m still a single man.’
[Ed. Note: The cleaner's bag proves the validity of this statement]
- On Fabio C. wag ban: ‘It is definitely, definitely a good thing. If I’m honest, I felt this at the last World Cup.’
With Christine, Frank’s friends are apparently worried that she’s using him to increase her profile. Note: her quotes begin much earlier-on in our make-shift timeline than his. Discuss.
16th November 2009
- On their coupling: “We are an item and I’m loving it.”
[Ed. Note: One of Christine’s “friends” was quoted for this probably not fact-checked story. With friends like these, who needs enemies?]
16th Nov 2009 at 3pm
- On being coy: ‘When you start seeing someone and it’s early days, you need to get to know them a bit before you come out and say you’re dating.’
12th January 2010
- Bestie Amanda Holden calls her refreshingly undemanding and says she won’t be a stress to Frank during the World Cup. She continues to flap her gums by saying Bleakley is not impressed by a footballer’s glitzy lifestyle.
20th January 2010
- Her “friends” were at it again: “It is early days, so we are trying to be low key. But I am very happy,”
12th February 2010
- Her friends on their own dillusion: “He’s best pals with John Terry and they hang out all the time. After all that’s happened, her biggest concern is being left a laughing stock if Frank were to betray her. She was apprehensive about getting any deeper into the relationship.’
23rd February 2010
- Christine speaking about the various figments of her imagination: ‘Everyone thinks we’re getting married but it’s still early days. We’re just having fun.’