July 9th, 2010
Style Upgrade: Carly Cole
We know what you’re thinking, Kickettes: we should have done this years ago.
Carly Cole has brought some truly perplexing outfits out of her closet over the years, but it was the reappearance of the dreaded Fendi sandals that finally sent us over the edge. Since Carly has now been tasked by the universe with teaching another lovely little lady how to discern her Prada from her Primark we think it’s high time for an upgrade.
By all accounts, Carly is a lovely girl. She has a gorgeous baby and a gorgeous husband with a magical, bottomless wallet. Why then, does she walk around in clothes that look like rejects from the lost-and-found bin at the local elder care center?
Let it be said: we hardly expect Carly to strut around in couture every chance she gets. We just think Carly needs a little nudge. And perhaps a leave-in hair conditioning masque once or twice a week.
Here’s how we would upgrade Carly to sassy, stylish London mummy:
1. Winter Kate Waistcoat £133.00/$219.45
2. Twenty8Twelve Ramone Skirt £75.00/$123.75
3. Forrest & Bob T-shirt £36.00/$59.40
4. House of Harlow 1960 Ankle Boots £100.00/$165.00
5. Mulberry Alexa Bag £695.00/$1,146.75
6. Lucy Hutchings Neon Flash Necklace £40.00/$66.00