May 14th, 2010
Style Upgrade: Claudine Keane
The second installment of the Kickette Style Upgrade involves Claudine Keane, or as she is known at Kickette HQ, Hot Mess Barbie. Claudine is the epitome of tacky WAG-wear: overly bleached blond hair, traffic-cone coloured spray tan, fingernails longer than a bird’s talons, ample decolletage and the occasional tacky wig.
Let us state for the record, though, we are quite fond of Claudine and think she’d be an absolute blast on a night out. However, she needs a sartorial intervention and she needs it now.
Mrs. K. has never met a sequin, stud, 5-inch heel, or leather jacket she didn’t like (and she wears them all at the same time). When your grocery store ensemble includes vertiginous wedges, a diamante necklace, and at least three layers on top, we take it as a cry for help. Here is how we would upgrade Claudine from casual disaster to chic, and still hot, momma.
Note: Dove Cleansing Cloths to remove several layers of makeup cake optional.
1. Ralph Lauren Blue Label White Custom Blazer, $445.50
2. Pringle 1815 Graphic Short Sleeve Blouse, $272.25
3. Ray-Ban Green Lenses Classic Gold Aviators, $194.70
4. House of Harlow Plated Medallion Locket, $141.90
5. J-Brand Low Rise Skinny Jeans, $272.25
6. Bloch Brown Luxury Ballet Flat, $181.50