November 19th, 2007
Three Wags, Many Players: A Study in Skankocity
With the tabloid news breaking over the weekend that Danielle Lloyd is now dating Jermain Defoe, we felt inspired to create a six degrees of skankocity chart to keep track of the off pitch action of some of the more ‘active’ players and playettes.
Let’s go through the DNA-swapping background:
1. Danielle Lloyd has been spotted making herself at home with Jermain at the Tottenham players lounge. She’s also been hanging out at his £3 million home – the one he used to share with fiancée, Charlotte Mears.
2. Charlotte was one of the esteemed group featured on the WAGs Boutique, and has written tips on WAG travel for the Home Office. She and Jermaine got engaged in February and rumours started flying about Jermain being unfaithful back in July; the pair split up a few weeks ago.
3. Before hooking up with Jermain, Danielle was seen table dancing and flirting with Jermaine Pennant and Jerome Thomas at a nightclub in London. She then was the recipient of a mini beat down by a random blonde who didn’t like the behaviour.
4. Danielle’s long journey into baller beds began with the geriatric playboy Teddy Sheringham, who she started dating during her brief stint as Miss Great Britain. Shortly afterwards, she ran her rather bigoted mouth on national television, lost her title and broke up with Teddy about 80 million times in a four month period.
5. During one of the Teddy break up periods, Danielle was out clubbing and began snogging the pants off of Marcus Bent as a ploy to make Teddy jealous. Teddy left the club with several dozen women completely unphased. But, a new relationship was born and many a paparazzi photo of Danielle and Marcus on vacation was snapped/mocked/etc.
6. Marcus is currently dating Gemma Atkinson, whom he dated briefly a few years ago when he left his long term baby mama for Gemma.
7. Gemma used to date Cristiano Ronaldo, but the whole prostitute pool party situ put a damper on things.
8. Gemma was rumoured to have had a dalliance with C-Ron’s team mate, Alan Smith – who has a girlfriend.
There you have it, Kickettes. It ain’t pretty, but remember: the road to bagging a baller is an arduous and hooch-filled one at times. Keep your eye on the prize, take your vitamins and persevere.
Cheers Becca for the tip off