March 22nd, 2010
Weekend Results: Good For You?
We’ve been revelling in the glory of Didier Drogba and his muscle groups all day. ‘Nando Torres proved that less can be more, and when we found this video of Cesc Fabregas it felt like Christmas, birthdays and London Fashion Week all rolled into one.
Let’s check in on the pitch ‘n bitch action from this weekend:
- Didier Drogba’s abs would argue otherwise, but here’s the question: has Chelsea’s slip up given the Red Devilettes out there cause for early title celebrations? Or will Wayne Rooney’s injury hamper their quest for four in a row?
Side note: lovely to see curly-haired-cutie Owen Hargreaves back in the stands (and playing for the reserves this week). Our fantasies of seeing him in South Africa just moved a step closer to reality.
- What’s gwannin’ with Liverpool? The 2-1 defeat at Old Trafford made it ten this season. We’re worried that our tellies could be facing a Stevie Gerrard and ‘Nando-less Champions League – which we can only compare to a WAG vacation without Louis Vuitton luggage. It’s just not right.
- The big Gunner news (other than Cesc and his shirtless media moment, natch) was Thomas Vermaelen’s sending off. Controversial and good looking, that was.
Rando: Hope you’re as excited about the Champions League draw as we are. Barca v Arsenal? Simply delish. We can’t wait. (Thierry Henry, on the other hand, isn’t too thrilled.)
- Congrats to Rangers for winning the CIS cup and to Benefica for claiming the Portuguese League Cup after thrashing Porto 3-0.
- Kudos also to Lionel Messi for hitting three for the second week in a row *video check sound*, that is one mega-talented fraggle, y’all.
- We loved seeing Yoann Gourcuff hit up the score sheet for Bordeaux in Ligue 1, and in seeing his expression of obvious delight upon hearing we were waiting stalking for him in the players lounge.
- Roma’s Mirko Vucinic was our hat-trick hottie of the weekend but we’re sending over some pick-me-ups after a ‘mare of a week for Juve.
- FYI, our spies at Craven Cottage on Thursday saw a grown man almost reduced to tears after being snubbed by Alex Del Piero. We can’t decide whether this is cute or disturbing and we’d like to believe Alex would never do the same to us.
- How was your weekend Kickettes? Hope you got the results/’baller nakedness you wanted.