July 11th, 2010
World Cup Results: Third Place Thankfuls
Image via Getty Images
Well done, Germany! Sure, third place isn’t the same as booking a place in the World Cup Final, but in the wise words of every annoying self-help book we’ve ever used as a coaster, it’s all about feeling thankful for what was achieved and appreciating all the thanking thankfulness that comes with the T’s and the Y’s. Or something.
So here’s what we’re immensely grateful for:
- Bastian Schweinsteiger. He is made up of several parts we greatly appreciate.
- A mighty enjoyable third place game with good goals and good footy.
- Getting to see one of our favourite new discoveries again: Uruguay’s Diego Perez, aka baby Vidic. We feel the shine his hot robot is putting down.
- Miroslav Klose’s hugging techniques. He’s a full-body presser.
And, since we’ve not started our intravenous anti-hangover chocolate IV drip and are thus a tad on the cranky side, here’s what we’re not so thankful for:
- Cold temperatures resulting in a shameful lack of base layers from the players we have come to rely on most for post-game man flesh. (Looking at you Mario Gomez and Diego Forlan.)